Last Updated: May 25, 2018
What do we collect?
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us: We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender, date of birth and occupation) as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
Information We Get From Others: We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected: We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Cookies: We may log information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
How do we use your data?
We use your data in a number of ways.
To Determine Eligibility: We use the data you provide to dynamically determine additional data to request from you. Additionally, this data may be shared with legal partners so they may advise you regarding your eligibility for immigration benefits.
To Provide Services: Your data may be used to populate forms, generate documents, or provide customer service.
To Personalize Services: Your data may be used to personalize copy on our site or in email campaigns.
Market Research: Your data may be aggregated or anonymized and used in internal or external reporting.
Product Research and Development: Your use of our site may be used to measure the efficacy of features, assess site performance, or otherwise survey user experience.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
Information Choices and Changes
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
We will only process your personal information if at least one of the following applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. For example, when you enter sensitive information on our Site, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
44 Tehama St
San Francisco, California 94105